Education in the GMC
The Greater Manchester GMC delivers education across healthcare professionals in the North West. We deliver the MSc Genomic Medicine at the University of Manchester. We also deliver formal and informal education including
- Teaching and awareness raising to all FY1 and FY2 Junior Doctors in all Trusts
- Teaching and awareness raising to GPST3s, Cancer Research Nurses and MacMillan Nurses
- Grand Rounds at all Trusts
- Ongoing collaboration with the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
- Presentations at Healthcare Science Week
- Genome Café events at local hospitals.
Participant research ambassadors support this teaching, sharing patient stories and their experience of the 100,000 genome project.