Genomic Diagnostics Laboratory
The Genomic Diagnostic Laboratory (GDL) has a unified structure directed by Dr Lorraine Gaunt with four major sub sections (Oncology, Constitutional Genetics, Biochemical Genetics and the Bioinformatics Group). The laboratories are managed by a Consultant Scientist and accredited for service by CPA.
The service is provided by 140 Healthcare scientists and support staff. The GDL has benefitted from a recent £1.3m investment by Central Manchester NHS Foundation Trust and the University of Manchester in Next Generation Sequencing instruments supported by the most capable High Speed Computer system in the NHS.
- Genetics Alliance UK
- Contact a Family
- British Society for Genetic Medicine (BSGM)
- National Genetics Reference Laboratories
- Clinical Pathology Accreditation (CPA) UK Ltd
- European Molecular Genetics Quality Network (EMQN)
- United Kingdom National External Quality Assessment Schemes (UKNEQAS)
- European Research Network For Evaluation And Improvement In Screening, Diagnosis And Treatment Of Inherited Disorders Of Metabolism (ERNDIM)